I was impressed at how well it was packed:
That’s some kid of primo bubble wrap where the air pocket extends across multiple cells; so any one cell receiving a blow.. it does NOT pop.
It cost me $8.50 + $6.50 Shipping and handling.
The process to put this together, roughly:
- Create a Hi-res and a low-res model (500 faces or so) from AgiSoft
- Fix any glaring problems with the low res model
- Add a Subdivision Surface modifier to the low-res model in Blender to give it back some curves, while retaining a simple geometry that you can edit by hand.
- Toggling back and forth between high and low, add cuts and edge creases to get the shape correct. (Usually: Ears, Nose, and Mouth; perhaps Eyes)
- Export the subsurfed model back to Agisoft for texturing; then back to blender for sizing, and sending to Shapeways.
There’s an additional step around making holes to remove material; I will explain that more on the Lamont model next week.