One of my gifts to our life was a GE Opal Nugget Ice Maker.
I was curious how stale the Ice could get. So I timelapsed it. Here it is, from about 6am to about 11pm:
My guess is that its loosing maybe 1/3 volume in about 12 hours. So maybe 36 hours for a full refresh of ice?
In other news:
- I finished up a session with Code Louisville .. several unlisted videos from that. May make them public in the future.
- I’ve transitioned over to covering maintenance tasks at work – and figuring out my tooling for capturing that flow:
- I’m also trying out using a google group in “shared inbox” mode to capture requirements naturally from emails
- I’ve got a zapier zap for converting emails into cards on the above board.
- I ran more than 2 miles for the first time in 2 years or so!
- We as a family tried to go without an internet connection at home, and we only lasted about 2 weeks.
I’m hoping that my schedule has cleared up a bit..
- At first, I barely had time to take care of just the emergencies, I had left myself no time to breathe with all my projects / commitments
- Now, the last 3 nights, I’ve had options of what to do with my time.. and I’ve mostly been catching up, decompressing, regaining my humanity
- I’m promising NOTHING (that’s how I get into trouble), but just writing this blog post .. feels like I’m coming back to an equilibrium of some sort.