That is not what I’ve learned from, lately.
Its only been 15 days or so since my last miscellany post. In those last 15 days, my work has been:
- “Why did X happen?” .. let me check the source code that we didn’t write .. trace it through 3-4 layers … here’s why that happened. Your options are A,B,C.
- How to route network cables neatly (Actually.. this is huge. My 20yo self wishes he knew this).
- Lots about door security systems. I might have covered that in another post.
The rest of life has been interesting –
- Refining my Rubik’s Cube skills. I’m considering memorizing the Ortega method. It brings back some magic.
- Arranging a Disc Golf outing with some friends. Researching form, practicing, getting better at it. We have 3 courses to choose from!
- After way too long off, went out for a run again .. this time in FitKicks. 2 miles. Maybe not such a good idea, i think i need a size smaller maybe. Next race in less than 2 weeks!
- Considering signing up for the triple crown and Derby Half-marathon for 2018. Because Goals. Also, a membership to the YMCA.
- My grandson does just about anything and I melt.
- Bose QC35 Headset. Forking expen$ive, but yet… the best tool for its job? I was in a loud urban environment, and I could participate on a conference call without any problems. Connecting to two devices at the same time really works for me (laptop + phone), and .. I find myself no longer dreading phone calls. I’d rather do a phone call with these on than any other way. Here’s a negative review for some contrast.
- Mozza Pi – new place in Anchorage. Worthy of a visit. They’re not open for dinner yet, want to get their process honed before they ramp up.
I’m getting pretty excited – past the 50% mark on studying for the AWS Solution Architect Associate exam. The last course on VPC’s really dialed in some stuff that I was wondering about.
I don’t know that I’m going to get any time for my personal projects .. not for a while. I think “exercising my body” has taken over for the summer. And that’s okay.