Action packed morning:
- 6:45am: Get up, go downstairs, get 2 coffees, slam them down
- 7:00am: Rearrange my stuff into my carry on and my checked baggage.
- 7:30am: Drive the car to the dropoff point. I had offered to drop the car off for my host.
- 8:00am: Clean the car windshield at a QT
- 8:10am: Drop off the car. No human interaction, just pictures and leave the key in it. (Tesla’s can be locked remotely very easily). Call Lyft.
- 8:35am: Back at the hotel.
- 9:00am: Shuttle to airport.
- 9:30am: At our gate, with two hours to go before our flight.
There was a final round of buying cool socks, a final visit to Cartel Coffee, and then we board the flight and head back to Louisville.
My wife had a daring plan that involved sitting far enough back that MAYBE nobody would claim the middle seat between us. It worked! We had space! (pic)
And touchdown Louisville, and home to grandchildren and cats and unpacking and dissemination of cactus candy.