Maybe I’m late to the party, and everybody already knows about this. I was introduced to it by Michael Thornberry
Why I use it:
- Hotkey to take a screen capture => easy to start
- Once screen capture is taken, THEN I get to choose what to do with it, including “just save it as a !#!# file NOW” and “I need to touch it up a bit”
- In the editor:
- My most recently N used colors are remembered!!!! (I use a LOT of color)
- I can re-edit annotations after I’ve made them, making it closer to Visio than to Paint.Net in its flexibility
- Built-in obsuffofusticate. (stupendulous!)
- When I’m done editing, I can re-enter the pipleline of “what do I want to do with this image”
I suspect I’ve donated to them twice now. They are that awesome.
About the only thing I can’t do with them (yet) is to take captures of multiple little areas and put them together to tell a story. As soon as sourceforge lets me, I’m going to search for that feature request and upvote it.