Loving the game SpritFarer. Resource gathering, with a cute little story line, until you read the back story, and then who cut the onions.
Playing it my way — i got too many people on the boat, restarted, and now I’m separating out “gathering” from “action”. Using a spreadsheet to guide me on what I need to get more of.
View only link to spreadsheet is here – as I satisfy things i cut and move them down. I thought about writing a helper app, but i don’t have that kind of free time.
Speaking of free time.. this is the first evening in i-don’t-know-when that i have had an hour or two to myself, AND i’m not exhausted and just need to veg out. Hence the post.
If i had all kinds of time, i could post about these technical things:
- Powershell script to automate connecting to cisco vpn
- Powershell script that runs a query against a database then checks if matching images exist and flags the ones that don’t.
- Surprise that you can’t connect to a Azure File System from Windows Server 2008R2 because SMB 2.0 vs 3.0. Even more reason to upgrade those servers. The plan is to move those to the cloud.
- The world of Epicor P21.
- Fun times working with a company called Heraflux and its chief geek David Klee. That guy knows his stuff, he’s the next level of whatever perfmon skills I used to have.
- Designing a task-tracking system – we’re separating out “popcorn” from “projects”. Sounds familiar.
- What happens when a SQL Server doesn’t have enough RAM: the 88G vs 8G typo problem. 🙂
- Various small problem – small tool/feature wins. But that would reveal too much of the business.
I could also post about these other things:
- Color Changing Disney Pixar Cars .. the magic temperature is between 60 and 90 degrees, I think.
- Challenging a grandchild to eat – if you finish one of these three things, you can choose another: 1 pretzel, 3 grapes, 1 pepperoni.
- Outdoor pools might be simpler than I thought.
- Awesome channel – Perkins builder brothers, YouTube.
- I have seen Model Y in person and I still want it.