Made my 3rd of 6 Blue apron meals (last shipment arrives Tuesday). It went rough, but I figured out some things:
- Definitely check out the recipe online: https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/roasted-cauliflower-pitas-with-purple-potatoes-spiced-yogurt
- They have little videos showing easier ways to do things – like – peeling carrots. Helps with the overwhelm as well.
- Print out the recipe from online. I did a photocopy of the recipe in black and white and crossed things out as I went, if I had printed it out, it would have been easier to read.
- Get appropriately sized bowls for everything ahead of time.
- I probably need more salt and pepper. I swear .. put in the taters. salt and pepper. add oil. salt and pepper. remove and put in bowl add lemon. salt and pepper.
- Lock the camera down with magnets (or use a better camera). However, dropcam is so convenenient .. just do stuff and create the timelapse later. No editing. But yeah, it would be nice to have a really high res timelapse. Could do it with my phone, I guess.. (video nerd came out, sorry)
Once again, the recipe took 2 hours from “decision” to “prep” to “cook” to “plate” to “eat” to “clean”. So about the same as driving half an hour to a restaurant. I did not have my wife’s company this time. Would have been cost: $20.
The food was delicious! I think they’re growing on me.
My attempt to do the moonwalk in slow-mo didn’t come through quite right. (Its during the purple potatoes).