I has modified some Fleep-Flawps.
My wife thinks I’ve lost my mind. She refuses to be seen with me, or let me be seen by others, wearing them. That’s okay, I can live with that. In-house only.
- That is elastic shoelace cord .. without damaging the shoelace (no cutting!). They were removed from another pair of dressy brown sneaker-like things – replaced with black elastic to make them blend in a bit better. (Once again, a stylistic difference between my grown up and my inner juvenile)
- They don’t flip or flop anymore either.
- It holds the
flip flopsandal snug up against my inter-toe’s. I can even run in these things.
- I don’t have to squish my toes to hold on to it anymore. I can let my feet spread apart. This is functionally very good for me. (Here’s why toe-hold is not so good)
- It’s a zero-drop solution – which is what I’m used to. Try finding sandals which have no drop. Just try. We spent the day at DSW, Off Broadway Shoes, and Quest Outdoors, and not a single fudging pair has zero drop. (Keens has a pair that comes close, but they didn’t have it in my size) [Drop == the front is lower than the rear, or a “heel”. I cannot handle heels anymore, my feet have grown back to barefoot-comfortable state]
- The backs stuck out too far – so I measured it, and cut it off, with a pair of scissors. Yet another reason why my wife won’t let me be seen in these.
I think that if somebody came up with a simple velcro loop thing, and some good marketing, they could make a possible killing with it. If you do this, I just want a few pairs, thanks. Maybe I’ll learn how to sew. Hmm.
(I love my life, and my wife, btw)